Using our extensive passive fire protection experience to develop new anti-propagation products as we diversify into new markets, we are in the exciting process of developing a Li-ion battery test facility at our site in Gloucester and are looking for an experienced, ambitious electrical or mechanical engineer to join us as a Battery Test Facility Lead.
This brand-new position will be responsible for technical management of the battery test facility, in particular undertaking and overseeing abuse testing of the Li-ion batteries, from single cells to full Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) battery packs.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Development of a test process, including writing procedures and safe working practices
- Undertaking risk assessments and implementing mitigations
- Abuse testing of batteries, including post-test tear down to determine root cause failure mechanisms
- Test scheduling, including identification of required resources and management of logistics and goods in/out
- Providing consultation and technical feedback to our customers
- Playing an active role in supporting the sale of test services to customers in the automotive, transportation, energy storage and aircraft industries and supply chains
- Developing facility capability through identification of industry trends and testing needs
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Experienced in laboratory testing and management
- Trained, knowledgeable and confident working with high voltage DC (preferably automotive) systems
- Experienced with Li-ion batteries and the automotive industry
- Capable of effectively prioritising workload in line with strict deadlines
- Practiced in risk identification and management, prioritising safety over all else
- Collaborative in their leadership approach
- An advocate for continuous improvement
- Confident when liaising with customers.
The successful person will be working alongside our technical team of chemists, engineers, and technicians, providing guidance, and supporting the development of new anti-propagation materials and products; therefore, the ability to build strong working relationships with excellent communication skills across all level is vital.
For consideration, candidates must have:
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree (as minimum) with demonstrable experience with electrical systems
- Good knowledge of current modules and battery packs design, material use, and awareness of future trends
- Good knowledge of the existing body of research in this field
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a new area within the business and make a positive impact.
Interested? Send your cv to email@example.com
Or post to HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Unit E Quedgeley West Business Park, Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 4PA