Advanced Insulation specialise in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We’re currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our expanding ContraFlex® sales team. This role will be key to ensuring we achieve our ambitious growth objectives in the global insulation and fire protection jackets market.
Based in the UK, (we are flexible on location), you will be required to visit and liaise with our Nottingham Office on a regular basis. This exciting and varied role requires regular travel both within the UK and Ireland to attend customer meetings, offices and site visits.
Responsible for identifying sales opportunities, you will have the ability and technical expertise to quickly understand how our products and solutions are leading edge for our customer. Combined with a significant track record in sales and business development you will work closely with our technical and engineering teams to drive growth by promoting the product range to various stakeholders.
The ability to liaise directly and build effective working relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders will be key to ensuring growth of the sector in previously untapped markets.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the proposals administrator to ensure tenders are responded to in the best manner to secure business for ContraFlex®.
- Prepare and execute sales action plans and strategies.
- Schedule sales activity and client visits to maximise coverage in the most cost-effective manner.
- Develop and maintain a customer database and ensure all clients are managed as required to maximise the business opportunity.
- Develop and deliver presentations of company products and services to all influencers in the market place.
- Maintain sales activity records through our CRM system and prepare and submit appropriate sales reports.
- Proactively follow up on all sales leads
- Monitor competitor activity and market conditions and react accordingly to improve the company’s position.
- Monitor product development to ensure the introduction of new products or improving existing products to ensure the company’s position is maximised.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Education to degree level or higher in a relevant field desirable
- Evidence of market knowledge
- Existing network in the insulation and fire protection jackets market would be an advantage
- Exceptional business development track record: to include identifying leads, income streams, negotiation and closing sales
- Ability to develop friendly and open relationships with customers building trust and enhancing customer satisfaction
- Understanding and confidence in using business social media channels effectively or an openness to learn a new skill
- Outstanding people management skills
- Able to work independently
This position is offered with a competitive salary package which includes bonus, car allowance, pension, life assurance and medical insurance.