Advanced Insulation specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We’re currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our expanding Energy sales team. This role will be key to ensuring we achieve our ambitious growth objectives in the global renewable offshore energy market.
The focus of the role is on subsea cable protection systems (CPS) and cable management within offshore wind operations, developments. You will be responsible for identifying projects and promote product sales opportunities, you will have the ability and technical expertise to quickly understand how our products and solutions are leading edge for our customer. Combined with a significant track record in sales and business development you will work closely with our technical and engineering teams to drive growth in the sector.
The ability to liaise directly and build effective working relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders particularly territory sales managers will be key to ensuring growth of the sector in previously untapped markets. The successful candidate may be required to support current projects, so you will need to quickly assess and understand project history and be confident in your ability to help progress to a successful conclusion.
Primarily based in the UK, (we are flexible on location), you will be required to visit our Gloucester head office on a regular basis. This exciting and varied senior role requires regular travel both within the UK and overseas to attend customer meetings, trade shows and to visit our overseas sales and manufacturing sites.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying key decision makers within target companies, through indirect and direct communication channels building up a picture of their pain points
- Implement a programme of regular and trackable contact with customers that will increase awareness and understanding of company products and solutions
- Draft proposals in response to a customer enquiry in a timely manner, ensuring the quotation once submitted is tracked
- Ensuring all requirements are identified and that every opportunity is taken to upsell and cross sell products
- In conjunction with group marketing, develop effective marketing collateral and campaigns for the sector.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Proven track record (5 years+) in business development within offshore wind sector
- Working within the subsea cables, protection market
- Education to degree level or higher in a relevant field
- Track record in successful project bid tendering
- Evidence of market knowledge
- Existing network in the renewables market would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a multiple stakeholder environment and managing any potential conflicts effectively and quickly so that they do not impact upon the project
- Exceptional business development track record: to include identifying leads, income streams, negotiation and closing sales
- Ability to develop friendly and open relationships with customers building trust and enhancing customer satisfaction
- Understanding and confidence in using business social media channels effectively or an openness to learn a new skill
- Outstanding people management skills
- Ability to work effectively autonomously.
This position is offered with a competitive salary package which includes bonus, car allowance, pension, life assurance and medical insurance.
A cover letter and CV will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester , GL2 4PA