Advanced Insulation specialise in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We’re currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our expanding Energy sales team. This role will be key to ensuring we achieve our ambitious growth objectives in the global renewable offshore energy market.
Primarily based in the UK, (we are flexible on location), you will be required to visit our Gloucester Head Office on a regular basis. This exciting and varied senior role requires regular travel both within the UK and overseas to attend customer meetings, trade shows and to visit our overseas sales and manufacturing sites.
Responsible for identifying projects and product development opportunities, you will have the ability and technical expertise to quickly understand how our products and solutions are leading edge for our customer. Combined with a significant track record in sales and business development you will work closely with our technical and engineering teams to drive growth in the sector.
The ability to liaise directly and build effective working relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders particularly territory sales managers will be key to ensuring growth of the sector in previously untapped markets. The successful candidate may be required to manage current projects, so you will need to quickly assess and understand project history and be confident in your ability to help progress to a successful conclusion.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Identify key decision makers within target companies, through indirect and direct communication channels building up a picture of their pain points
- Implement a programme of regular and trackable contact with customers that will increase awareness and understanding of company products and solutions
- Draft quotations in response to a customer enquiry in a timely manner, ensuring the quotation once submitted is tracked
- Ensure all requirements are identified and that every opportunity is taken to upsell and cross sell products
- In conjunction with group marketing, develop effective marketing collateral and campaigns for the sector
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Education to degree level or higher in a relevant field
- Track record in successful project bid tendering
- Evidence of market knowledge
- Existing network in the renewables market would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a multiple stakeholder environment and managing any potential conflicts effectively and quickly so that they do not impact upon the project
- Exceptional business development track record: to include identifying leads, income streams, negotiation and closing sales
- Ability to develop friendly and open relationships with customers building trust and enhancing customer satisfaction
- Understanding and confidence in using business social media channels effectively or an openness to learn a new skill
- Outstanding people management skills
- Ability to work effectively autonomously
This position is offered with a competitive salary package which includes bonus, car allowance, pension, life assurance and medical insurance.