Our marine business unit, Manuplas®, specialises in the manufacture and supply of buoyancy and fendering products for the subsea and marine industries. We have a vacancy for a Buyer / Material Controller based at our facility in Plymouth.
The Buyer / Material Controller will work directly for the Procurement Manager, primarily identifying, procuring and controlling the goods, materials and services required by the business. This will cover a range of procurement activities as well as supporting production with materials planning and programming on a daily basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing Bills of Materials / procurement of raw materials to facilitate production.
- Meeting and exceeding projected GPM targets.
- Identifying and procuring services to support all parts of the business.
- Monitoring and controlling supplier estimated times of arrival based on purchase order expected lead times.
- Liaising with suppliers daily.
- Negotiating pricing, quantity and terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Assisting sales with material costs/availability.
- Budget tracking and analysis.
- Processing ‘new suppliers’ and administering approved vendors list.
- Processing of accounts queries.
- Attending supplier meetings.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders.
- Materials planning and programming:
- Coordinating and planning of materials, components and services in line with production requirements.
- Supporting daily material control and booking with goods in/out and production cell leaders.
- Coordinating daily stock control and bookings, stock handling, stock locating and picking of job materials/components with goods in/out and production cells to achieve on time delivery to cost and quality.
- Monitoring stock/trends to ensure production materials are always facilitated.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Holding a relevant qualification in procurement, or 1-2 years’ experience of buying/material control, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment although other backgrounds will be considered.
- Be able to communicate at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good mathematical/analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.