Advanced Insulation specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems worldwide. We have a vacancy for a HR Officer for a fixed term contract to assist with covering maternity leave at our head office in Gloucester.
This role will be responsible for generalist HR duties as well as assisting in implementing and populating HR information system. The role is available immediately and is expected to be required for a minimum period of nine months.
Main duties will include:
- Recruitment – supporting managers with recruitment related activities (drafting adverts and job descriptions, arranging and assisting with interviews, liaising with agencies etc.)
- Coordinating the onboarding process, producing offer letters, contracts, checking eligibility to work and arranging or carrying out new starter induction.
- Employee relations – providing support with disciplinary cases, grievances, performance management etc.
- Occupational health – managing long term sickness cases, organising referrals, return to work arrangements
- Assistance with implementing HR information system (data input, creating work flows etc.)
- Completing all administrative HR processes in a timely and efficient manner, including scanning and filing of all employee documentation.
- Dealing with HR related queries, providing a professional service at all times
- Liaising with the payroll team to ensure enquiries, ad-hoc instructions and payroll changes are processed within the correct pay period.
- Assisting with company benefits administration.
- Providing monthly reports and various HR project work.
Applicants should have previous experience in generalist HR role in the private sector, knowledge of UK employment legislation and excellent communication skills. Experience of working in a complex global organisation would be beneficial. Ability and willingness to travel is essential as travel to other company’s locations will be required (Plymouth and Nottingham).
Enthusiasm for the HR profession as well as flexible attitude are a must. This is a busy role requiring the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Working in a small HR team means you will be involved in all aspects of HR/business support and you must respond quickly to changing priorities. Attention to detail and high accuracy are also necessary.
The successful candidate will be an organised self-starter, with excellent customer service skills and fluency in both written and spoken English. CIPD qualification and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft applications, e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook, are essential.
Closing date for application is 9 August 2019.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with covering letter by email to: email@example.com or alternatively by post to: HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester GL2 4PA, United Kingdom.