Our marine business unit, Manuplas, specialises in the manufacture and supply of buoyancy and fendering products for the subsea and marine industries. We have a vacancy for a HSE Manager based at our facility in Plymouth, initially on a fixed-term basis for 6 months.
The HSE Manager will ensure that all the necessary procedures, processes and controls are in place to support and lead the delivery of a safe working environment, identifying opportunities to continually improve safety performance, and advise and support the Manuplas management team on all safety, health, environmental and fire matters to ensure the company complies with its statutory obligations and group policies.
The role will also involve assisting with ensuring quality management system requirements are met.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain the QHSE Management system in accordance with group procedures
- Carry out monitoring and measuring activities on QHSE key performance indicators
- Ensure a good standard of record keeping is maintained
- Ensure adequate procedures, work instructions and risk assessments are in place to meet QHSE requirements and assist with their creation where required
- Support, guide and advise employees to conduct Risk Assessments on activities within their department ensuring that the methods and systems of work are safe. Also, that the necessary procedures, rules, and regulations designed to achieve this are formulated, published and applied
- Recommend and support the implementation of control measures and advise on the standard of personal protective equipment issued to employees
- Conduct health and safety audits and prepare reports highlighting issues and recommendations for improvement
- Maintain and drive the delivery of the Manuplas Safety, Health, Environment and Fire Action Plan, identifying relevant action owners and monitor performance
- Record and document all near misses, accidents and injuries, and investigate or assign investigators to set corrective actions accordingly, providing them with advice and guidance where necessary
- Advise, record and support implementation of corrective actions agreed after any workplace inspection, audit, or incident investigation by the arranged date
- Monitor trends and prioritise areas that require improvement
- Highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or HSE guidance
- Support production teams with identifying relevant training requirements and updating training matrix, ensuring all employees and sub-contractors are suitably trained/competent to carry out the prescribed task and that the necessary licenses/certificates of competence are in force and appropriate
- Identify new techniques and initiatives for improving health, safety, environmental and fire arrangements
- Provide assistance and advice to other departments on HSE matters
- Deliver new employee and visitor inductions as and when required
- Maintain legal compliance for health, safety, and environment on site
- Ensure all health, safety, environmental and fire incidents are recorded and investigated in a timely manner and closed out effectively
- Assist with carrying out and arranging of training where required
- Manage and maintain local continuous improvement and objectives plan
- Promote company vision of QHSE responsibility at all levels.
Ideal candidates for this role will hold a relevant professional safety management qualification and/or have at least three years’ experience in a safety management related role, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment although other backgrounds will be considered.
Interested? Send your cv to email@example.com
Or post to HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Unit E Quedgeley West Business Park, Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 4PA