Manuplas is an operating division of Advanced Insulation Systems (AIS) and specialises in the manufacture and supply of buoyancy and fendering products for the subsea and marine industries. As a result of our continuing growth we are looking for a Manufacturing Technician to join our team based in Plymouth.
The primary function of the Manufacturing Technician role is to manufacture the company’s products on time and to the right quality.
Responsibilities & Requirements for the role:
- Maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping within the factory, ensuring that the working environment is kept clear of waste on an on-going basis. Report if problems arise that prevent waste being cleared away.
- Report and immediately deal with any spillages, hazardous and dangerous practises.
- Maintain tools and equipment; ensure regular cleaning and safe storage.
- Ensure that all duties, for which suitable training has been provided, are undertaken in a safe and controlled manner.
- Ensure that the production facility is secured correctly and left in a safe manner at the end of the shift.
- Assist in research and development duties as required and instructed by the Production Manager.
- Carry out day to day production as required by the Production Manager/ Cell Leader
- Adhere to recommended stock controls as informed by the Production Manager.
- Undertake all duties in accordance with quality assurance detailed in the production methods.
- Carry out regular quality checks on produced goods and report findings. Checks to include:
- Product dimensions and finish
- Correct labelling of product and paperwork
- Ensure all materials have been correctly issued including waste
- Job card documentation is completed correctly (including the highlighting of errors
Required Knowledge, Skilled and Experience:
- Flexibility (shifts)/ Overtime when required
- Good attitude to work
- Implementation of Health & Safety during the working day
- Understanding of high standard of housekeeping
- Good communication and organisational skills
- FLT trained – preferable but training will be provided
- First Aid trained – preferable but training will be provided
Manuplas is a growing, fast paced company with the associated challenges and rewards this brings, the successful candidates should enjoy being a part of a busy and high pressured environment, able to multitask and adapt to meet customer needs.
The closing date for application is 11th February 2019.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to: HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester GL2 4PA, United Kingdom.