Manuplas is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of bespoke, lightweight vessel fendering systems (and in particular, bow fenders) for builders and operators of wind farm service vessels. Manuplas provides fendering for application to the bow and/or sides of wind farm service vessels.
There are several types of Wind Farm Services Vessels that Manuplas fendering can be applied to including: Crew Transfer Vessels, Installation and Maintenance Vessels, Survey Vessels and Rapid Response Vessels.
- Cast Boat Fendering
- Typically applied to the sides of wind farm service vessels
- Manufactured from a high performance physically cross-linked polyethylene foam core and coated with a cast applied unique protective marine-grade polyurethane coating
- In-house manufactured tooling is used to produce a custom mould. Cast fendering is therefore appropriate when a high quality, smooth surface finish and tighter design tolerances are necessary.
- Sprayed Boat Fendering
- Can be applied to the bows of wind farm services vessels either as a single piece or as a series of modules. Sprayed fendering can also be applied to the sides of vessels if required.
- Manufactured from a high performance physically cross-linked polyethylene foam core and coated with a spray applied unique protective marine-grade polyurethane coating
- A sprayed finish allows flexibility on the shape, size and technical specification of the fender to be achieved without the need for investing in mould tooling. A tailored solution for each boats’ individual characteristics can be designed and manufactured
- Interlocking Polyurethane Cast Bow Fendering
- A modular system applied to the bows of wind farm services vessels
- Cast from a unique protective marine-grade high performance polyurethane elastomer material
- In-house manufactured tooling is used to produce a custom mould
- The fender modules have a unique internal structure to generate desired levels of energy absorption and grip
- Manuplas fenders are considerably lighter than rubber fenders, helping to improve vessel speed and fuel consumption
- Highly impact absorbent with the ability to withstand the harsh offshore environment, allowing safe access to wind turbines
- Very high abrasion resistance as a result of in-house material development, prevents damage to the vessels structure
- The modular nature of the fenders makes it easier, quicker and more cost effective to replace worn or damaged sections. Vessel service downtime is also reduced dramatically