Manuplas® is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of bespoke, lightweight vessel fendering systems (and in particular, bow fenders) for builders and operators of wind farm service vessels. Manuplas® provides fendering for application to the bow and/or sides of wind farm service vessels. There are several types of Wind Farm Services Vessels that Manuplas® fendering can be applied to including: Crew Transfer Vessels, Installation and Maintenance Vessels, Survey Vessels and Rapid Response Vessels.
- Cast Boat Fendering
- Typically applied to the sides of wind farm service vessels
- Manufactured from a high performance physically cross-linked polyethylene foam core and coated with a cast applied unique protective marine-grade polyurethane coating
- In-house manufactured tooling is used to produce a custom mould. Cast fendering is therefore appropriate when a high quality, smooth surface finish and tighter design tolerances are necessary.
- Sprayed Boat Fendering
- Can be applied to the bows of wind farm services vessels either as a single piece or as a series of modules. Sprayed fendering can also be applied to the sides of vessels if required.
- Manufactured from a high performance physically cross-linked polyethylene foam core and coated with a spray applied unique protective marine-grade polyurethane coating
- A sprayed finish allows flexibility on the shape, size and technical specification of the fender to be achieved without the need for investing in mould tooling. A tailored solution for each boats’ individual characteristics can be designed and manufactured
- Interlocking Polyurethane Cast Bow Fendering
- A modular system applied to the bows of wind farm services vessels
- Cast from a unique protective marine-grade high performance polyurethane elastomer material
- In-house manufactured tooling is used to produce a custom mould
- The fender modules have a unique internal structure to generate desired levels of energy absorption and grip
- Rubber Fendering
- Manuplas can provide a wide range of rubber fender types including hollow D fenders, solid D fenders, cylindrical fenders, square fenders, M fenders, keyhole fenders and composite fenders.
- Manuplas® polyethylene foam fenders are considerably lighter than rubber fenders, helping to improve vessel speed and fuel consumption
- Highly impact absorbent with the ability to withstand the harsh offshore environment, allowing safe access to wind turbines
- Very high abrasion resistance as a result of in-house material development, prevents damage to the vessels structure
- The modular nature of the fenders makes it easier, quicker and more cost effective to replace worn or damaged sections. Vessel service downtime is also reduced dramatically