Manuplas is an operating division of Advanced Insulation Systems (AIS) and specialises in the manufacture and supply of buoyancy and fendering products for the subsea and marine industries. We are looking for a Materials Engineer/ Scientist to join our Research and Development team. The role may be suitable for a graduate.
This is a new role which has been created to support and assist the R&D Manager in materials development and testing, documentation of R&D test procedures & methodologies.
Good understanding of polymers, chemistry and material science is essential. Experience and confidence in the development and testing of materials are also a must.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Support / Assistance for R&D Manager
- Materials development and testing
- Materials support for AIS Plymouth Operations
- Documentation of R&D test procedures & methodologies
- Critical – Good understanding of polymers, chemistry and material science. Development and testing of materials.
- Preferable – Good understanding of Polyurethanes (chemistry, properties, processing and application) and general polymer processing (mixing, casting, testing).
- Beneficial – Knowledge or experience of Epoxies, Composites, Polyurea, PE foams.
- Excellent English (written, speaking & reading)
- Driving license
- Ability to conduct experiments & draw conclusions
- Report writing
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to learn / develop
- Project management of development / R&D programmes
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic environment
We are looking for someone with passion for R&D and long term aspirations in this field to grow and progress to the next stage in their careers.
Graduates will be considered as well as post graduates with 2-3 years experience in similar role.
Position offers attractive starting salary, annual bonus, company benefits (pension, life assurance) & attractive working hours with half day on Friday.
Manuplas is a growing, fast paced company with the associated challenges and rewards this brings, the successful candidates should enjoy being a part of a buys and high pressured environment, able to multitask and adapt to meet customer needs.
The closing date for application is 21st January 2019.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to: HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester GL2 4PA, United Kingdom.