Advanced Insulation is a fast growing group of companies that specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique products mainly for the oil and gas industry. As a result of our continuing growth, we are looking for a permanent Design Engineer to work closely with our Research and Development team. The role will be based in our Gloucester office and is to start immediately.
Required skills and experience:
- Engineering based degree (marine/mechanical or similar).
- Proficient in the use of Abaqus software for FEManalyses (experience in nonlinear analyses would be benefit)
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of SolidWorks or a similar 3D CAD package
- Attention to detail and clear communication skills are essential.
- Creative & innovative approach to problem solving & product / process development
- The role will require a confident assertive andproactive approach to the work with a ‘can do’,flexible attitude.
- Ability to work effectively, both as part of a team and autonomously, consistently to high standards of accuracy and quality is essential.
- Applicants must have a high level of written andverbal communication skills in English.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Linear and nonlinear FE analyses of assemblies under dynamic and steady state, stress and thermalloading conditions
- Structural and mechanical calculations
- Preparation of detailed technical reports incorporatingFEA results
- Preparation of technical drawings using SolidWorks
- Product design and development within R&D for concept designs, quotations and R&D testing
- Preparation of detailed written work instructions for manufacture and installation of products.
- Creation of new parts and bills of materials
- Site visits/surveys
- Meetings with clients, suppliers and 3rd party certification bodies
- R&D project engineering
A cover letter and CV will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester GL2 4PH