ContraFlex® certified insulation and protection jackets provide personnel protection, high temperature and acoustic insulation along with chemical spill protection. Suitable for a wide range of applications across industrial and non-industrial sectors.
ContraFlex® jackets are designed to meet application requirements. Thermal and acoustic insulation jackets are available along with high temperature, winterisation and leak detection jackets. Benefits across the different ranges include:
- Designed to fit closely around awkward pipe features, valves, vessels, flanges and actuators to maximise insulation and remove possible sharp edge hazards
- Designed to insulate the application which it is applied to, ranging between -20°C to +1100°C
- Durable outer cloth can be supplied with weather and oil resistance
- Jacket fastenings such as hook and loop, lacing hooks or turn buttons mean that a speedy removal can be achieved for the purpose of maintenance or repair
- Insulation is fully sealed to avoid any airborne contamination and possible harm to personnel
ContraFlex® jackets were supplied to a nuclear power station, providing savings of £1.7 million per day through means of a 3 day fitting schedule in comparison to a 7 day installation schedule using traditional methods. Even for smaller scale HVAC insulation projects, ContraFlex® jackets can save up to a third in installation time in comparison to more traditional systems.
The integrity of ContraFlex® jackets is not reduced after unfastening and fastening and continues to insulate effectively throughout the product’s lifespan. If an item of ContraFlex® insulation should become damaged then it can be easily replaced with a new section.
Surface temperatures can be effectively reduced using high temperature jackets, insulating high temperature equipment and reducing the risk to personnel from burns. ContraFlex® jackets can also provide an effective covering of sharp edges of application equipment and thus providing a safer working environment.