ContraFlex® industrial and HVAC insulation jackets are available where thermal and energy insulation is required both for improving application performance but also for personal safety. Optional integrated trace heating is also available for standard insulation jackets.
ContraFlex® industrial jackets can be used to effectively insulate pipes, fittings, flanges, valves, actuators, junction boxes, vessels and other process equipment for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and manufacturing and processing equipment:
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC): Boilers, cooling systems and related piping systems are all suitable specific applications within the HVAC category for ContraFlex® insulation jackets. Specific market sectors include but are not limited to schools, hospitals, social housing and retail, where large scale heating, ventilation and air conditioning is required, creating large energy and cost savings. For example, ContraFlex® insulation jackets have been successfully used by a number of clients in relation to social housing, NHS foundations and national councils and authorities.
Manufacturing and processing equipment: Equipment for food and drink, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical and process plants can be insulated with ContraFlex® jackets or mattresses to improve heat conservation and ease of maintenance. For example, ContraFlex® was effectively used in a major external project for a £350m world scale bioethanol plant with over 37,000 jackets measured, manufactured, supplied and fitted.
- Outer cloth: 40/40 ‘E’ glass fabric: flame retardant, alkali free silicone polymer coated material for interior use. Other fabrics available upon request
- Insulation: 25-50mm man-made mineral fibre insulation, 45kg/m3. Other bespoke materials available upon request
- Inner cloth: 40/40 ‘E’ glass fabric: flame retardant, alkali free silicone polymer coated material for interior use. Other fabrics available upon request
- Thread: Spun and doubled stainless steel yarn, PTFE coated to improve hydrophobic ability
- Fastenings: A range of jacket fastenings are available; banding, hook and loop tape, turn buttons, lacing hooks, buckle straps. Other custom fastenings available on request.
- Heat conservation: Large scale facilities such as schools, hospitals, social housing, commercial and retail centres all require, to varying degrees, constant temperatures to provide a stable environment. Heating or refrigeration can be energy intensive and is therefore essential that energy loss is reduced through effective insulation, creating cost savings
- Low maintenance and inspection time: ContraFlex® insulation jackets can be safely and easily removed for ease of maintenance and therefore keep downtime to a minimum. Furthermore, insulation jackets can be removed and refitted by maintenance personnel directly, excluding the requirement for specialist sub-contractors
- Low installation time: Insulation jackets by ContraFlex® are flexible and therefore easier to handle and install in relation to conventional cladding