Advanced Insulation specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We are looking for a Product Development Chemist to join our Research and Development team based in Gloucester.
Main Duties and Responsibilities for the role include:
- To provide material product development expertise in the fields of formulation, testing and analysis. This product area is seen as a significant growth area for the company. Specifically, this role is looking for someone with a high level of practical experience to help develop the overall capabilities of the R&D lab and the chemistry team.
- To provide project leadership and development resource for the formulation, analysis, testing and optimisation of fire protection and insulation products for the oil and gas and adjacent energy generation industries.
- Proven track record of formulation, analysis, testing and optimisation of fire protection or insulation products in an industrial environment.
- Excellent knowledge of current advances in the field and hands on experience of practical work with currently available and next generation resin systems.
- A leading edge understanding of the formulation factors influencing product performance and demonstrated ability to modify and optimise resin systems to meet performance targets within demanding timelines.
Work Skills and Attributes Required:
- Ability to communicate technically in English, especially in the chemistry field.
- Practical chemistry skills for formulation, testing and analysis of resin systems is essential.
- Hands on experience of prototype manufacture and close partnership with production colleagues is a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated general laboratory skills is essential as is an enthusiasm for investigative experimentation.
- Experience in running formulation DOE’s and a track record of a high work rate to evaluate large numbers of samples is expected.
- Good report writing and presentation skills are essential as is experience of preparation of technical reports suitable for academic publication, corporate review and patent drafting.
- The applicant must have an enthusiasm for product development and technical discovery and a desire for a chemistry focused career with the potential to contribute across a range of chemical technologies delivering growth in a technically demanding and dynamic oil and gas market.
Experience, Education and Qualification Required:
- At least 5 years’ experience in formulation chemistry in an industrial environment with a new product delivery focus. This should include a 1-2 years direct, recent experience of the formulation and development of at least one of the following: fire protection, insulation, foams, phenolic, silicones, epoxies or industrial coatings.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience in Project Management and can demonstrate a track record of delivering small teams / projects to schedule, budget and quality requirements.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in chemistry.
The closing date for application is 14th March 2019.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to: HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester GL2 4PA, United Kingdom.