Due to the expansion of our production department in Gloucester, we are looking for a Production Engineer to lead as the first point of contact in providing engineering expertise and support for the teams across our three Gloucester sites; taking manufacturing processes from concept and trial to full scale manufacture.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Writing work instructions, quality standards and manufacturing procedures
- Specifying plant and equipment requirements for jobs
- Ensuring all plant, equipment and processes meet health, safety, and environmental legislative requirements, including conducting risk assessments
- Identifying and investigating process improvement opportunities; keeping up to date with new plant and equipment developments
- Relationship management of plant and equipment suppliers
- Issuing relevant permits to work to subcontractors for onsite activities
- Providing support to other areas as and when required
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Experienced working within a busy production environment
- Confident users of various IT systems
- Clear communicators, particularly when writing/implementing work instructions
- Organised planners with effective attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
The following skills/licences are not essential for your application, but will be beneficial:
- First Aid trained
- Fire Marshal trained
- FLT Licenced.
The role is available immediately and is contracted to 39 hours per week. Flexibility for shift work is vital in line with current business needs, plus the ability to work overtime.
Interested? Send your cv to email@example.com
Or post to HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Unit E Quedgeley West Business Park, Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 4PA