Advanced Insulation specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We are looking for a Production Engineer to join our Production team, based in Gloucester.
Production Engineer will be the first point of contact to provide engineering support for production and maintenance activities to ensure maximum production. The aim of this role is to evaluate current production activities and make recommendations for improvements.
Main duties and responsibilities for the role include:
- Identify and investigate process improvement opportunities, keeping up to date with new plant and equipment developments and identify and manage suppliers.
- Specify plant and equipment then provide cost justification to the business. Layout and design production units, run capital expenditure projects, install and commission equipment, document, train team and sign off production process
- Take manufacturing processes from concept and trial to full scale manufacture.
- Issue permits to work to subcontractors for in factory activities
- Ensure plant, equipment & processes meet health, safety and environmental legislative requirements
- Conduct plant, equipment and process risk assessments.
- Write work instructions, quality standards and manufacturing procedures
- Train operatives in the safe use of plant and equipment.
- Provide consultancy support to Production, Projects, Design, Sales and R&D Departments.
- Promote continuous improvement to effectively utilise equipment and materials to maximise production.
- Purchase, maintain and repair plant, building and equipment
- Supply tooling, instrumentation etc to all areas of the business as required
- UK and foreign travel when necessary to support the business.
- Develop prototype products and processes
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Identify unsafe operations and practices and report the same to Manager immediately.
Skills and experience:
- The role requires an ability to interact sensitively with people at all levels of both skill and authority within the business and with our suppliers and customers.
- Suitable candidate will have at least 5 years experience in similar role.
The position is available asap and comes with attractive package including bonus, pension and life assurance.
The closing date for application is 27th March 2019.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to: HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester GL2 4PA, United Kingdom.