Advanced Insulation specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Projects team, based in Gloucester.
The Project Manager will provide leadership and project management expertise in the safe and efficient delivery of AI projects that are both on time and within the budget. Supporting the Contracts Manager, Commercial manager and Operations Manager as necessary.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement and maintain project management processes, procedures and tools to ensure consistency of project delivery amongst the project management teams
Including but not limited to:
- Health and Safety within projects – supporting QHSE team
- Cost and value management – supporting the Commercial Manager
- Programme management
- Risk and opportunity management.
- Defects avoidance management
- Design development including control of design and documentation
- Internal ordering, dispatch and shipping
- Site handovers and management thereof
- Client management
- Work within project management teams to understand and implement project delivery as and when necessary, leading project delivery where the business need requires this
- Working with Project Managers to implement the project management processes, supporting where necessary to ensure compliance across projects
- Support of Project Managers as and when an issue arises on a project, whether internal or customer driven
- Customer communication at management level to resolve issues and remove barriers to project success
- Commercial support on issues alongside our Commercial Manager.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping ensuring that the working environment is kept clear of waste on an on going basis. Report if problems arise that stop you from clearing away waste.
- Ensure that all duties are undertaken in a safe and controlled manner and for which suitable training has been provided.
Suitable candidate will possess the following:
- A track record of delivering products or services involving site application or construction, rather than purely manufacturing. This could include insulation products, oil and gas equipment, construction or utilities.
- A track record of delivery on time and maintaining/improving margin is essential.
- Oil & gas experience is not essential although an appreciation and experience of clients changing their minds (therefore many variations to a contract) is a must.
- An international dimension would be useful as many of our products are shipped abroad.
- Balance between rigour of process and agility.
- Sense of urgency.
- Commercially focused to ensure customer expectations are met / surpassed whilst ensuring the we are paid for what we deliver.
The position is available ASAP and comes with attractive remuneration package including bonus, car allowance and other benefits (pension, life assurance, medical insurance).