Advanced Insulation specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We are looking for a Proposals Engineer to join our Subsea Sales team based in Gloucester. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual from an engineering or accountancy background looking to develop their career further.
Working within a highly professional and dedicated sales and proposals team, you will assist in the estimating process, which is a critical part of the tender process.
The main duties will include:
- Working with the Bid Manager to review RFQ documentation, capturing and understanding the customer requirements for a given project
- Work with sales, technical and operations as needed to identify and develop engineered solutions
- Generate detailed and accurate pricing estimates. The engineer may provide several pricing models to demonstrate how the price will change with different options
- Highlight any costing concerns related to projected costs, materials, labour needs, and other matters in the process
- Generate detailed technical and commercial proposals for submission to Client
- Offer best practice/ideas to improve the tender process.
This role will have some aspects of direct customer interface and will involve the project management of successful bids, providing quotations and technical information to both sales personnel and customers during the bidding stages.
As a Proposals Engineer, you will be a highly numerate individual, qualified to a minimum HNC in a Mechanical / Chemical / Process Engineering or other related discipline, or degree in finance/ similar qualification. You will have previous experience of dealing with customer enquiries and providing quotations to customers directly.
Ideally, you will have experience of using 2D and 3D CAD software (SolidWorks), as this is an essential tool in materials estimating. However, training could be provided for the right candidate.
Ability to work accurately and willingness to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines are necessary. Excellent knowledge of Excel and high attention to detail are essential.
The position comes with an attractive remuneration package including competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension and various employee benefits.
email your CV and covering lettering to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester, GL2 4PA.
Closing date for application is Friday 10 May 2019.