Advanced Insulation specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We are looking for a Technician to join our Research and Development team, based in Gloucester, to support New Product Development projects and Technical Support activities.
Main duties and responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Quality and Health and Safety procedures and maintaining a clean and tidy work area.
- Manufacturing to exacting standards samples for sales, in-house testing and external testing.
- Undertaking in-house testing and validation of products, which includes:
- Mechanical testing (tensile, shear, compression, hardness, pull-off etc.)
- Weathering/Exposure testing (QFOG/QUV)
- Fire testing – use of in-house furnace (not essential)
- Supporting with product, process and equipment development.
- Undertaking application and commissioning trials, which include:
- Hand application of materials.
- Use of single leg spray equipment.
- Use of 2K dispensing equipment.
- Hand preparation and laminating of composite materials.
- Manufacturing of wooden moulds.
- Organising and managing storage of samples, materials and tools/equipment.
Skills and experience / qualifications:
- Can assess risks and work with Health and Safety at the forefront of their mind.
- Willingness and capability to learn.
- Proactive, problem-solver, self-starter.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Experience with use of manufacturing and processing equipment (e.g. mixers, presses, pressure vessels etc.).
- Familiar with machine shop and wood working tools.
- Experience of working with composites.
- Experience in spraying materials and use of spray equipment.
- Experience in the use of a furnace.
- Holding a Forklift and/or Bendi Forklift licence.
The closing date for application is 21st March 2019.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with covering letter by email to: email@example.com or alternatively by post to: HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester GL2 4PA, United Kingdom.