We have an exciting opportunity for someone with a problem-solving mindset who likes a varied, hands-on role, to join our team as a Research & Development Technician, assisting with the development and testing of subsea insulation, passive fire protection, and composite materials.
A scientific background is not essential; we are looking for someone who is a skilled technician/tradesperson and has engineering ingenuity.
As R&D Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with preparation of samples and prototyping, following precise instructions
- Manufacturing both large and small-scale test rigs and specimens
- Performing furnace testing
- Mixing and applying materials such as insulation and coatings, as well as hand laminating
- Managing the R&D shop floor area, and ensuring correct storage of materials and equipment
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Experienced in using machinery and tools for building and woodworking
- Skilled in practical building
- Capable of identifying issues, with confidence in bringing them to attention
- Able to work independently
- Reliable and a motivated self-starter
- An excellent communicator across all levels
- Capable of working to consistently high standards in a fast-paced environment, within tight deadlines.
The following experiences and qualifications are not essential for your application, as training will be provided, but they will be highly beneficial:
- Experience in furnace testing
- Experience in composites
- FLT Licence.
Interested? Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Unit E Quedgeley West Business Park, Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 4PA