Advanced Insulation specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems. We are looking for a Senior Project manager to join our Projects team, based in Gloucester.
Senior Project Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing processes and procedures to reflect the growth of the department and associated need for a robust Business Management System. In addition the role includes the need to act as a trouble shooter on ongoing existing projects where there is a particular customer or internal issue that requires high level Project Management support to progress the works in an expedient manner. The ability to liaise directly and build relationships with Key Stakeholders within both Advanced Insulation and their customers is therefore essential. The new Senior Project Manager will also be the point of escalation (and support) to customers where there is an issue with a project.
The key factor to success in this role will be the ability to rapidly understand the scope of Advanced Insulation’s work from Sales Handover to Handover and then Closeout and develop the existing tools and steps utilised in Project Delivery into a process that can be readily understood and used by both Project Managers and Project Engineers.
Main Responsibilities for the role include:
- Developing existing tools for use in a simple but robust project management system.
- Production of a Project Management cradle to grave process and integration of this into an online system.
- Support of Project Managers as and when an issue arises on a project, whether internal or customer driven. (Typical issues will entail programme changes, departmental communication, agreement, allocation, monitoring and management of responsibilities, lack of customer visibility of ongoing activities and highlighting of potential risks and mitigation strategies).
- Commercial support on issues alongside our Commercial Manager.
Required skills and attributes:
- A track record of delivering products or services involving site application or construction, rather than purely manufacturing. This could include insulation products, oil and gas equipment, construction or utilities.
- A track record of delivery on time and maintaining/improving margin is essential.
- Oil & gas experience is not essential although an appreciation and experience of clients changing their minds (therefore many variations to a contract) is a must.
- The candidate needs to be used to lots of client liaison as well as building relationships internally in order to ensure the projects stay on track.
- Track record in winning the hearts and minds of Project Managers / Project Engineers in order to implement best practice and ensure new processes are adhered to.
- An international dimension would be useful as many of our products are shipped abroad.
- Balance between rigour of process and agility.
- Sense of urgency.
- Commercially focused to ensure customer expectations are met / surpassed whilst ensuring the we are paid for what we deliver.
The position is available ASAP and comes with attractive remuneration package including bonus, car allowance and other benefits (pension, life assurance, medical insurance).
The closing date for application is 13th March 2019.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to: HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Quedgeley West Business Park, Gloucester GL2 4PA, United Kingdom.