Our Manuplas site in Plymouth is home to our Marine division, where we manufacture a variety of products for the marine and subsea industries, and we are looking for a Shop Floor Manager to join the team to manage and lead all production activities and processes.
The successful candidate will have sound knowledge and experience of successfully planning and managing production/manufacturing processes to deadlines and budgets in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, as well as effective people management experience.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Taking manufacturing processes from concept and trial to full scale manufacture
- Production planning: leading our teams to deliver the production schedule on time, to budget, and to the required standards
- Ensuring efficient daily management, capture and reconciliation of production materials and labour
- Accurate document-keeping of production and quality control data and records
- Producing scheduled performance reports regarding budget control for all job materials, consumables, and labour, both direct and indirect, in line with Company targets
- Identifying and investigating process improvement opportunities – keeping up to date with new plant, equipment, and material developments
- Line management of our production employees including matters relating to recruitment, training, development, performance, attendance, grievance and disciplinary
- Communication and enforcement of Company objectives, policies, and procedures within production teams
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Knowledge of marine buoyancy, fendering, vessel protection, general flotation and subsea product manufacturing techniques and materials to produce products
- Sound technical knowledge of general engineering principles
- Good understanding of quality control and assurance in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent working knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Confident communication skills to build effective relationships across all levels of the business
- Effective management and leadership interpersonal and motivational skills
- An eye for detail and process improvement.
Flexibility to work additional hours outside of your contracted working hours and days when needed to meet business demands will be required.
Interested? Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Unit E Quedgeley West Business Park, Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 4PA