Advanced Insulation design and manufacture a wide range of clamping systems.
Our engineering team are able to provide bespoke designs to meet the ever increasing challenges of the offshore subsea environment, to cope with subsea or splash zone scenarios. Advanced Insulation have also introduced a standardised piggyback system which is adaptable to a wide range of carrier pipe applications.
Piggyback saddles and clamps
Advanced Insulation’s Atlas Piggyback System has been created with standardised components, capable of performing to the highest operational duties whilst significantly improving both installation ease and safety. The system is manufactured from marine grade polypropylene components, injection moulded in standardised parts to precision tolerances. This dimensional accuracy allows Advanced Insulation to significantly reduce material usage and weight, creating a lightweight durable clamp, easily installed on deck or via diver intervention.
- Base Unit: The body comprises 3 main sections which fl ex upon application of banding tension to allow it to adapt perfectly to the required carrier pipe diameter
- Interface Pads: Where low friction pipe coatings are present, interface pads are inserted into the base unit to improve grip during operation
- Ratchet System: By feeding the required banding type into the ratchet pins, banding tension is applied by use of a simple Allen key. This can be carried out either topside or subsea. This eliminates the need for expensive tensioner mechanisms
- Retaining Hoop: The hoop can be located at varying heights from the body, achieving the required standoff distance. This will either act as a guide or when used with the integral grommet provide the correct clamping force
- Grommet: Moulded from marine grade Polyurethane to allow sufficient grip during a clamping operation.
- Banding: Standard banding for the system is fibre reinforced polymer material with an establish subsea track record, easy and safe to handle and install. Other banding options can be employed including Alloy 625 or Titanium materials.
- Assembly weight of under 5kg in air
- Fast and simple installation method
- Subsea diver installable
- Standardised design allows fitting to multiple project requirements and pipe diameters, whilst ensuring low project costs and use of spare parts
- Configurable diameters up to 39in carrier pipe, and 6in piggyback
- The base unit component can be used individually or by interconnecting with multiple other units allowing installation of multiple piggyback lines
- Different stand-off distances can be achieved by altering the retaining hoop position
- The system can be configured as a guide, or by use of an optional grommet to clamp the piggyback line
- Can be used in either horizontal or vertical configuration
- No metallic parts, resulting in lightweight assembly with improved handling, installation safety and no corrosion issues
Compliant clamp technology
The specially developed compliant clamp technology by Advanced Insulation is innovatively designed to reduce tension load on subsea risers and umbilicals
- Internal clamp
- Designed to suit the specified loads and operating conditions and typically configured as 3-piece segments which are assembled and held together with a DBM Clamp Fastener assembly arrangement.
- External buoyancy/ballast element
- The buoyancy module is supplied as a two piece cylindrical product which fits around the internal clamp and is secured in place by means of Kevlar straps.
- Internal clamp
- Rubber inserts form a friction grip against the flexible riser and increase surface contact between the rubber insert and flexible riser/umbilical
- Vertical bar retainer rubbers ensure the vertical bars are retained in the body of the clamp which prevent the vertical bars from dropping off before the holding bolts are engaged. They also prevent shell segments from twisting around when the clamp is being installed around the flexible riser and take away peak shock between multiple clamp when assembled in tandem application
- Single and double clamp fastener arrangement methods available
- External buoyancy element
- The buoyancy unit core is designed to withstand the hydrostatic loads applicable at the specified water depth rating
- Durable, long lasting polyethylene shell
- Low maintenance design
- Easy installation and release
- Customised specifications to suit customer’s unique application