Our Lab Technicians assist with the development and testing of composite subsea insulation and passive fire protection materials by carrying out laboratory studies.
Main responsibilities include:
- Following precise instructions in the preparation of a range of test samples
- Setting up all appropriate equipment for testing
- Efficiently reporting on results from the studies
- Maintaining tools and equipment, including cleaning and safe storage
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping; taking pride in your working areas
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
Ideal candidates will be:
- From a scientific background with experience of working in a laboratory team
- Confident in reading and understanding test methods and test plans
- Capable of working to consistently high standards of accuracy
- Unfazed when working under pressure to strict deadlines
- Enthusiastic self-starters with strong organisational skills
- Clear communicators who can work well as part of a team and without constant supervision.
Appropriate in-house training will be provided in the use of specific equipment; knowledge of materials science and testing, fire protection or insulation will be an advantage but is not essential.
The role is available immediately and is contracted to 37.50 hours per week.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online via Indeed or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Send your cv to email@example.com
Or post to HR Department, Advanced Insulation, Unit E Quedgeley West Business Park, Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 4PA